Wednesday 13 February 2013

Scrap Bag Challenge

The bag of scraps sent to me by Christine.
Christine at Once Upon A Quilt is hosting a Scrap Bag Challenge. I sent her a 500g self addressed satchel and Christine sent me a bag of her scraps!

Participants make a quilt with the scraps, adding up to one metre of their own fabric. Participants also provide backing, batting and binding (i.e. it must be a finished quilt!). The quilt can be any size between 20" x 30" and 40" square. The way in which it is made (by hand or machine) is entirely up to the participant, as is the design.

Quilts need to be finished by 30th September and posted to Christine. They will then be auctioned on her blog and all monies raised donated to a charity.





Great idea don't you think? I'm already having thoughts as to how I might use this lovely, eclectic bundle of scraps. Of course, I always welcome suggestions! Can you see a bit of a theme in these scraps? Apart from scrappy?








7 comments:

  1. Glad you got them, that was quick. Enjoy
    I will put a link to all the bloggers in a post very soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Diane. I don't really need something to distract me from my other projects, but felt that this was an opportunity not to be missed!

      Delete
  3. Great idea, can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what I come up with either!!

      Delete
  4. What a great idea, and a fun challenge. I know you'll come up with something fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your wonderful vote of confidence. All the ideas in my head look fabulous - hope I can translate them!

      Delete

I love to read your comments and will always endeavour to reply. Thanks for visiting - I am truly delighted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...